Thursday, August 9, 2012

Food of the Day #1

Being on a budget doesn't mean I can't go all out at times. Healthy food is so important - I don't think there has ever been a lengthy time where I haven't found or had access to proper food. A lot of junk food actually costs about the same as any good item a skilled cook could come up with. Plus we have leftovers below, and it's great summer food! I know of one person from the Facebook world who is always cooking somewhat appealing dishes (in concept), but refuses to use carbohydrates. I'm not sure why - perhaps her father's village was burnt down by a carbohydrate. In any case, the result is meat slathered with cheese, vegetables, creating a bizarre cuisine. I couldn't live without pasta and rice myself, so a dish like the one below fits my needs perfectly. Pasta Shell salad. You need not ask if it is yummy, for you know it is.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Pasta Shells, Fresh Pepper...
...Olives, Parsley, Capers & Olive Oil Completes It...

No comments:

Post a Comment